Sunday, April 11, 2010

stuff i'm loving!

This:

This:

These:

"There are a thousand thousand reasons to live this life, every one of them sufficient."
--Marilynne Robinson, Gilead


"I want to tell you without reservation that if there is any hope for you and me, for this plan set kilter in the fifteen-billion light-year expanse of endless mystery, the hope would have to be in this man who contends He is not of us, but with us, and simply is."
--Donald Miller


“All of life is a foreign country.”
--Kerouac


"Peace, assurance, pleasure, are the goals I seek,
I cannot crawl one inch outside my proper skin;
I talk of love-a scholar's parrot may talk Greek-
But, self-imprisoned, always end where I begin."
--C.S. Lewis


"You two are dancing around in your iridescent little downpour whooping and stomping as sane people ought to do when they encounter a thing so miraculous as water."
--Gilead


"God has never promised to solve our problems. He has not promised to answer our questions...He has promised to go with us."
--Elisabeth Elliot


"All that I am sings of the God who brings new life to birth in me, my spirit soars on the wings of my God."
--David Haas


No comments: