Wednesday, April 1, 2009

spring=in the air.

"We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls." --Mother Teresa

This quote really caught my attention today, because life has been nothing but chaotic and busy (in a seemingly good way) lately. The passion is this weekend, it's an exam week, and I'm busy making jewelry to sell for my trip to Haiti, writing support letters and applying for scholarships. I haven't really taken any time at all just to read, reflect, pray...and how essential it is! I am the crash and burn type--I run and run and run on empty until I have to drag my face off the floor and beg for forgiveness, because I think I can live this life alone. Uh uh. No way.

So, Spring Break was incredible...I'm gonna post some pics later. But seriously--INCREDIBLE!!! I feel like our group was just so diverse and yet sooo united, because we were united in purpose and in love. I have never worked with such an encouraging, tireless group of people who is genuinely interested in knowing hearts and souls, and bettering the human condition. Forgot to mention....Spring Break was in Williamsburg, Va, and ten of us spent the week working for Housing Partnerships, Inc...cleaning, painting, de-roofing and shingling, demolishing a building that will be Housing Partnerships' new office (that was the most fun!!) We also went on a ghost tour which made me cry. Supa freaky!! I think God taught me a lot about seeking his face in every person I meet....he is there! His mark is on every single soul!!!!

In other news, I am really just trying to figure out what I want to devote most of my time to. There are SO MANY great causes and organizations here on campus, but I feel like I just spread myself far too thin by trying to be involved with them all. I think it's beautiful to see people who, instead of running around like chickens with their heads cut off (although that can be pretty funny), are truly committed to one or two causes, and are able to give their hearts and their time in those areas.

Also, you know what? "Cowboy Take Me Away" by the Dixie Chicks will never grow old. :)

No comments: