Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mexico

Hey guys! Well, we are at our final stop in the U.S.: Houston, Texas. Both Rebecca (the gal I'm travelin' with) and I are a strange mix of super super excited and a little sad to be leaving our wonderful friends and families. Ahhhh!!! IS THIS REAL LIFE?! At 8:30, we're being picked up at the airport in León, and from there we'll head to Guanajuato to meet our host families. We've been practicin' up our lacking español and wondering about scorpions, food, and the many people from all over the globe that we'll be meeting and studying with and adventuring with!

I feel like this is exactly where I'm supposed to be, even though I have been told it will be so hard at times--half a year away from home!--but at the Passion conference early this month, John Piper spoke on sacred ambitions. He talked about how God really forms passions in us for a reason, and though the way we're heading can change at any moment when we're living out His will, I feel like He's made my heart to burn for missions, and that this study abroad experience will be a great way to grow me for that field and ministry of love!!

We are leaving now!!! Adios!!! Love you guys, and I'll keep ya posted. :)

2 comments:

cameron king said...

Love you!

Unknown said...

Do have an awesome journey and know HE is always with you!! Love you, Miss Aly!!!