Sunday, January 24, 2010

La Bufa, The Roof!

Yesterday, we climbed a mountain called "La Bufa." New friends, pretty rocks, lots of cow poop, a beautiful view, much Spanish learning!


Last night, we had a party on Casey's roof in the middle of the city. Guitar playing, singing, new friends, AWESOME food, and another beautiful view!


Today, running on La Panoramica, taking a great siesta, reading some great books, and walking through a big tunnel to reach "La Mega," in other words, the Wal-Mart of Mexico! Oh, and cake! Lots of cake!!

Tomorrow, classes start. I am super duper excited (aside from being in total immersion at 8 am. Ai!)!

I have been thinking a lot about Haiti, though. As I experience so much excitement, wonderful meals, perfect health and companionship, there are so many who are dying, mourning, orphaned, diseased and hopeless in the most devastated of places. It is so, so easy to be apathetic and to pretend that all this is okay because I am here and they are there, but so badly I want my heart to be broken with God's heart. It is so hard to understand that all of this suffering is being made into something good, but it is. Evil does not have the final say. The fall is not the end of the story. Let us trust in that, remember our blessings and give out of our abundance. I love you guys!

No comments: