Sunday, May 17, 2009

Leavin' on a jet plane...

Well, I am leaving in a few hours for Haiti. It's really surreal to me right now. I've thought about it sooo much, ever without the slightest clue about what God has in mind for this journey...with certain trips, it's easier to predict how God will be using you (although He always keeps things surprising). :) But with this trip, there are so many different areas in which we'll be working (an orphanage, a homeless shelter, a farm, a medical center, etc.), so many people going on the trip that I have not met, a country in which I have not been, poverty that I have never witnessed before. I am so excited about God using my life to touch others, but I just can't imagine how He'll do it.

Please PLEASE pray for us! Prayer really, really is the fuel that will drive our ministry, that will drive us to be completely loving and self-sacrificing like Jesus. Prayer is God's way of connecting us to Him--how totally important is that? I know this will be so central to the coming weeks (years, months...).

Anyway, this will be a life-changing experience for all involved, I'm sure. I hope that God uses us as His hands and feet, emboldens us to share the sweet truth and love that He's given us, and that he'd also change us through this experience...that we'd be made more humble, selfless, merciful, faithful, LOVING!

Thanks for reading this. :) I hope some awesome things are happening in your heart/life too!!!!!

See ya in 11 days, blog.

No comments: