Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A-HA!!!

Hola!

I don't really have time to write this, but I've chosen to rebel against finals. :)

Today, I've had several A-HA! moments---don't you love that?!!

Anywho, I was at the rec, just singin' along to Phil Wickham, David Crowder, and Sanctus Real (all sweet) while ellipticalizing. It seemed like all of the songs, on top of what I read this morning, were telling me the same things.....

--What you do will seem crazy to the world if you are in Christ.
--You have to risk loving people, especially the most unlovable, if you want to be like Christ.
--Your body is a TEMPLE!!! The Spirit lives there.
--The old has gone, and the new has come!!!!!

This last one really gets me....I feel so afraid of putting ALL my eggs in one basket--the Jesus basket, let's say--so I hold back a little of my heart, afraid that something terrible might happen and he might not pick me back up (in my head, I know he will...but my heart fears!), afraid that he'll push me beyond my limits...but it's so dangerous NOT to put all my eggs in that basket! So dangerous NOT to be considering HIM in EVERYTHING I do, say, think...not to me made NEW daily by walking with Him, trusting Him with all I have...because His way is perfect, even though it's so hard to fathom. I realize all these thoughts are jumbled. :) There's some quote I've read that says something like:

"Of all forms of caution, caution in love is perhaps the most fatal to true happiness." I think this is so true for our trust in Christ, our love for Him....the most fatal to JOY.

Welp, I need to study, but here is a sweet passage that captured my heart once again today:

"No one lights a lamp, then hides it in a drawer. It's put on a lamp stand so those entering the room have light to see where they're going. Your eye is a lamp, lighting up your whole body. If you live wide-eyed in wonder and belief, your body fills up with light. If you live squinty-eyed in greed and distrust, your body is a dank cellar. Keep your eyes open, your lamp burning, so you don't get musty and murky. Keep your life as well-lighted as your best-lighted room." Luke 11:33-36 message

Enjoy this glorious day! Hey, and say a prayer for our trip to Haiti if you get the chance! We're leaving in 12 days!!

No comments: