Monday, February 2, 2009

school. scripture. super bowl.

It's so easy to get stressed out about tests and papers and class and having enough money for food and paying rent and having enough time to see friends and read and yadda yadda yadda! So easily do I forget that all of these things pale in comparison to what life is really about. I know it's an exam week, but I say we just not worry (which doesn't mean "not study" :)).

It's pretty crazy how stupid we humans are. We get glimpses of how we are meant to live ("we were meant to live for so much mo-o-ore") when we are praying and seeking to love God and people, and yet life catches up with us somehow. We are so lucky that God still wants US, mere humans--sooooo stoooooopiiiddddd (and pretty neat sometimes, too)--to do his work here. Let's not forget it!

[Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?

"Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.]

-Luke 12: 22-31

Some more scripture that's been on my mind lately:

[I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh.]

-Ezekiel 11:19

When I think about it, it's really amazing that the maker of EVERYTHING can use us for his glory...I'm an idiot...how can he have mercy on me, and want to spend eternity with me, and love me enough to change my heart of stone to flesh? It blows my mind. He is so good.

I hope that we're together in praying for the undivided hearts that God is willing to grant us if we seek him with everything we have...


In other news, I am not a Steelers fan (BROWNS!!), but that Super Bowl was AWESOME.



Here we are, ready for the first 3D commercial ever!! 'Twas pretty cool.



A group of kiddos at the CMC!



...aaaand the loyal Steelers lover, Derek, just inches from the screen--awaiting the next play that is worthy of jumping up and down and screaming at the top of his lungs!


Good luck on your exams and at keeping in touch with the one who matters!!

No comments: