Saturday, January 31, 2009

Longing

is what I feel.

I long for the Spirit to live in me, not just to be a great idea in my mind.

I long to see the mark of God on EVERY soul. To listen with His ears, to speak with His words.

I long to believe fully in His promise--that He will NEVER leave nor forsake me. That His plan is perfect, although suffering is undoubtedly part of it.

I long for His genuineness. For His compassion and His radical and wild heart. His heart for the people. His heart for love and justice and mercy.

I long to dance freely in the arms of His grace, to abandon the ways of this world and to adopt His ways as my own.

I long for Truth--day in, and day out.




As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.

Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

No comments: